The CSW-9 is an enlarged version of the CSW-6 that is useful for short cable lengths combined with large cable bending diameters or heavy weights in almost any light-duty marine application. It's a two to four person portable winch designed for lifting and lowering small to moderate instrumentation payloads and towed body operations. It has proven to be a versatile winch which may be used in almost any application. This model is typically used for shallow-water operations with heavier loads or large diameter cable.This winch comes as a complete package, including a range of standard features only available as options on our other winches. It is capable of lifting and lowering many instrumentation payloads (300 lbs typical).
Side scan sonar, water sampling, towed instrument sleds, environmental and pipe line monitoring, lightweight grab samplers, small capture nets, subsea video, CTD profiling.
- 1.0 HP to 3.0 HP 3-phase AC motor and outdoor rated AC Vector Drive (VFD) Controller, powered by 110 VAC or 230 VAC (single phase)
- 1.0 HP to 2.0 HP permanent magnet motor @ 90/180 VDC (2 HP @ 180 VDC only) with regenerative drive controller powered from 110/230 VAC single-phase (generator, inverter or ship's power)
- 0.125 HP to 1 HP permanent magnet motor @ 12/24/48 VDC with PWM drive controller powered from 12-48 VDC batteries
*** When inquiring, please specify: cable diameter and length (cable specification sheet if possible), payload weight and type, operational conditions ***
- Nominal frame dimensions are 24"/61 cm L x 20.5"/52.7 cm W x 23"/58.4 cm H11.5
- With 19"/48 cm and 20"/51 cm drum flange diameter, overall height is approximately 33"/84 cm
- Nominal weight 190 lbs (without cable, depending on motor, gearbox and options selected)
- Powder-coated 6061 aluminum frame
- Removable carrying handles; two to four person portable, depending on cable weight
- Dog clutch for freewheeling capability
- Manual disc brake and shear pin lock
- Manual hand crank backup for retrieval without ship's power
- Typical drum capacity up to 300m of ¼” Rochester Coax Cable.
- Slip ring ready – up to 24 conductor slip rings are available
- Load capabilities: variable dependant on power option selected (nominal 45-150Kg)
- Integrated electric brake between the gearbox and motor
- DC Motor version includes Watertight Sub-Sea connectors on all connection
- AC Motor version includes EMI shielded cabling, EMI cord grips, EMI inline filter
- Wooden shipping and storage box