The CSW-10 is the bigger version of the CSW-7, our most popular and versatile design. The CSW-10 is useful for medium cable lengths combined with large cable bending diameters or heavy weights in almost any light-duty marine application. It's a four person portable model that is capable of lifting and lowering most instrumentation payloads (595 lb/270kg typical, please contact us for more information on load pull and line speed, values can vary significantly). This winch comes as a complete package, including a range of standard features only available as options on our other winches.
The CSW-10 is directly available from several instrument manufacturers, equipped for use with their sensors. These manufacturers include: L-3 Klein (Klein 3900 and 5000 Side Scan Sonars), Marine Magnetics (Seaspy magnetometer) and CMAX Sonar (Side Scan Sonar).
It is used to perform CTD profiling, side scan sonar, magnetometer towing, Rosette water sampling, towed instrument sleds, environmental and pipe line monitoring, lightweight grab samplers and small capture nets.
- 3.0 HP to 5.0 HP 3-phase AC motor and outdoor rated AC Vector Drive (VFD) Controller, powered by 230 VAC (single or 3-phase) and 400-440 VAC (3-phase)
*** When inquiring, please specify: cable diameter and length (cable specification sheet if possible), payload weight and type, operational conditions ***
- Nominal frame dimensions are 52.7"/133.9cm L x 44.15"/112.15cm W x 54.43"/138.25cm H
- 24”/61 cm diameter flanges (Larger drum flanges available up to 27”/68.5 cm)
- Nominal weight 450 to 800lbs (205 to 363kg) without cable, depending on motor and options selected
- Powder-coated 6061-T6 aluminum frame
- Dog clutch for freewheeling capability
- Manual disc brake and pin lock
- Manual hand crank backup for retrieval without ship's power
- Typical drum capacity up to 1312ft/400m of 0.32" /8.2mm Rochester Coax Cable
- Integrated electric brake between the gearbox and motor
- Slip ring ready – up to 24 conductor slip rings are available
- Load capabilities: variable dependant on power option selected (nominal maximum 700 lb/315kg, typical 595 lb/270kg) (please, contact us for more information on load pull and line speed, values can vary significantly)
- AC Motor version includes EMI shielded cabling, EMI cord grips, EMI inline filter
- Wooden shipping and storage box