The CSW-7 is our most popular and versatile design. The CSW-7 is useful for medium cable lengths combined with large cable bending diameters or heavy weights in almost any light-duty marine application. It's a four person portable model that is capable of lifting and lowering most instrumentation payloads (500 lbs/ 227 kg typical, please contact us for more information on load pull and line speed, values can vary significantly). This winch comes as a complete package, including a range of standard features only available as options on our other winches.
Shown here is a fully enclosed model, though others are available. For more information please click to go to the Product Page.
It is used to perform CTD profiling, side scan sonar, magnetometer towing, Rosette water sampling, towed instrument sleds, environmental and pipe line monitoring, lightweight grab samplers and small capture nets.
- 1.0 HP to 5.0 HP 3-phase AC motor and outdoor rated AC Vector Drive (VFD) Controller, powered by 110 VAC, 220 VAC and 240 VAC (3-phase)
- 1.0 HP to 2.0 HP permanent magnet motor @ 90/180 VDC (1.5 HP through 2 HP @ 180 VDC only) with regenerative drive controller powered from 110/220 VAC single phase (generator, inverter or ship's power)
*** When inquiring, please specify: cable diameter and length (cable specification sheet if possible), payload weight and type, operational conditions ***
- Nominal frame dimensions are 27"/69 cm L x 20.5"/52 cm W x 23.5"/60 cm H - (can be increased to accommodate a larger drum)
- 22”/56 cm to 23”/58.5 cm diameter flanges (Larger drum flanges available up to 27”/68.5 cm)
- Nominal weight 330 to 600 lbs (150 to 272 kg) without cable, depending on motor and gearbox selected
- Powder-coated 6061-T6 aluminum frame
- Removable carrying handles; two to four person portable, depending on cable weight
- Dog clutch for freewheeling capability
- Manual disc brake and pin lock
- Manual hand crank backup for retrieval without ship's power
- Typical drum capacity up to 1000 ft/300 m of 0.32" /8.2mm Rochester Coax Cable (DC Setup)
- Integrated electric brake between the gearbox and motor
- Slip ring ready – up to 24 conductor slip rings are available
- Load capabilities: variable dependant on power option selected (nominal maximum 660 lb/300 kg, typical 500 lb/227 kg) (please, contact us for more information on load pull and line speed, values can vary significantly)
- DC Motor version includes Watertight sub-sea connectors on all connection
- AC Motor version includes EMI shielded cabling, EMI cord grips, EMI inline filter